1.13.2014

The Weekly Capture


adults only lunch // tater teething // Starbucks window art // artist intensity // flowers

Last weekend was my first non-working weekend and I'm loving the new schedule. The girls went to visit my mom for 2 nights, and the boy is never home anymore thanks to a thriving social life, so we spent 2 days kid free. Saturday we went grocery shopping and had a "Homeland Season 2" marathon, along with this simple lunch. Tried some Irish cheddar. Tasted more like swiss cheese, but there is nothing wrong with swiss cheese in my book.

Sunday we had our first family meal. We invited all the family and had enchiladas/beans/rice and chips and salsa/watermelon margaritas under the lights in the back yard. The weather is incredible here and we're trying to remember to eat outdoors more. It was great seeing everyone for a non-holiday get together. Looking forward to doing this once a month in 2014.

Otherwise, there was coffee and a chocolate caramel muffin shared with my mom followed by quiche for dinner (adults liked this, but not the kids). School routine is back in full force. Katie continues to draw. Mark gave me "make-up" flowers. 

Basically, life happened.

And that's just the way I like it.

Linking up with Jeannette at Life Rearranged.

No comments:

Post a Comment